If you live in Marlborough and believe that you have been the victim of medical negligence, you should talk to specialist solicitors about claiming compensation. Our Wiltshire based team have the expertise you need.
Marlborough and Swindon Hospitals – a History of Recent Problems
NHS patients in Marlborough are usually treated in Swindon’s great Western Hospital or Marlborough’s own, much smaller, Savernake Community Hospital.
The last few years have sadly seen an ongoing series of serious failures and medical mistakes at the hospitals run by the controlling NHS trust – Great Western Hospitals Trust.
Here are just a few of the very real concerns about medical errors and standards of patient care;
- A report by Government health watchdog the Care Quality Commission published in January 2016 found that hospitals run by the Great Western Hospitals Trust “required improvement”. Perhaps most worryingly, the CQC stated “overall, we rated safety of the services in the trust as ‘requires improvement”.
Going into more detail, of the twelve areas looked at by the inspection team, half of them also received a damning judgement of ‘requires improvement’, and worse still, Urgent and Emergency care services were described as ‘inadequate’. Click here if you want to read more about the CQC report
- the trust has a record of numerous “never events”. Never events are serious medical errors that should never have happened.
Recently, between May 2014 – April 2015, the trust managed to report two “never events”. This was sadly nothing new – but merely the latest in a series of events. For example the GWH managed six such events in 2011-2012, including one swab that was left inside a breast cancer patient after surgery in, and a couple more in 2013.
- Earlier, woman died at Swindon’s Great Western Hospital after having an epidural anaesthetic injected into her arm rather than her spine in error during labour
MEDICAL NEGLIGENCE – MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A SPECIALIST SOLICITOR ON SIDE
To successfully run your medical negligence claim, your solicitor will need to look through detailed medical records and extract information to find the evidence you will need to prove your case. This requires a good knowledge of medicine on top of legal expertise, and as a result, only specialist medical negligence solicitors will do.
The medical negligence team here at Bonallack and Bishop have many years of experience in this complex area of law and are happy to help clients in Marlborough – and to make home and hospital visits throughout Wiltshire for anyone who is too unwell to travel.
OUR SOLICITORS ARE ACCREDITED MEDICAL NEGLIGENCE EXPERTS
With so many solicitors claiming to be experts these days, how can you be sure? The best way to check that a solicitor is a medical negligence solicitor is to check for the two leading specialist quality panels:
• Membership of the Action against Medical Accidents Solicitors Panel – run by AvMA, the highly respected patient justice charity
• Membership of the Law Society Clinical Negligence Panel [clinical negligence is just another term for medical negligence]
It’s worth noting that out of around 100,000 qualified solicitors in England and Wales, just 180 or so are members of both the AvMA and Law Society specialist panels. Our medical negligence team is headed up by one of those – and another of our medical negligence solicitors has years of experience as a qualified nurse.
WHY CHOOSE US FOR YOUR MEDICAL NEGLIGENCE CLAIM?
o As you can see, we are genuine specialists
o We are not a faceless claims management company, or call centre operation – we are well established Salisbury and Amesbury solicitors, Bonallack and Bishop, and your case will be run throughout in person by an experienced medical negligence solicitor
o We also offer FREE no strings attached initial advice over the phone as well as a FREE first appointment
o We are happy to make home and hospital visits in Marlborough or indeed throughout Wiltshire for anyone who is too unwell to travel to visit us
o We offer no win no fee agreements for medical negligence claims – so you need not worry about paying legal fees
o We offer a choice of male or female solicitors to run your case if you wish
LIVE IN THE MARLBOROUGH AREA? THINKING OF A MEDICAL NEGLIGENCE CLAIM? CALL OUR SPECIALISTS TODAY
If you been the victim of a medical error and live in Marlborough, we can help you recover the full amount of compensation you are entitled to.
- CALL US NOW on Salisbury  422300 or FREEPHONE 0800 1404544l or
- Email our team using the enquiry form below.