Medical negligence can happen anywhere, but when it happens in your home town with medical professionals who you trust, it can be particularly distressing. In 2009, a Chippenham man fell and injured his wrist and hand whilst playing football. The X-ray service at Chippenham Community Hospital x-rayed his wrist and those x-rays were then reviewed at the Royal United Hospital in Bath, but both missed a fractured left scaphoid.
Six months later when he returned to his GP to complain of discomfort, the fracture was finally spotted. Due to requiring more extensive medical treatment and a longer period of recovery due to the hospital’s negligence, the Hospital Trust settled on a compensation figure of £15,000 which was paid to the man in 2011.
WHY ONLY A MEDICAL NEGLIGENCE EXPERT WILL DO
In order to win your medical compensation claim, your solicitor will need to extract crucial pieces of information to be used in evidence from complicated medical records. This requires a good understanding of medicine as well as legal expertise and only specialists will have this kind of knowledge across the two professions.
If you instruct us, your case will not be run by an inexperienced junior – but by an experienced solicitor from our team who you will meet. What’s more, one of our medical negligence solicitors is also a fully qualified nurse.
So if you instruct our medical negligence team you can be sure that you have specialists running your claim.
HOW WE CAN HELP YOU
- FREE initial telephone advice
- A FREE first appointment
- No win no fee agreements – so you need not worry about how you will pay legal fees
- Home or hospital visits – we understand that your injuries may prevent you from coming into one of our offices to speak to us in person, which is why our team are happy to visit clients in Chippenham, or indeed anywhere in Wiltshire, at home or in hospital if they have trouble travelling.
CHIPPENHAM MEDICAL NEGLIGENCE CLAIM? CONTACT US TODAY
Have you suffered medical negligence at the hands of Chippenham Community Hospital, or one of the other hospitals serving both Wiltshire?
If you leave it too long to start the medical negligence compensation claims process you may find that the time period in which you are entitled to make your claim elapses. So, to avoid missing out;
- Call us now free on FREEPHONE 0800 1404544, or locally on Salisbury (01722) 422300 today, or
- Email us using the contact form below: