Dental Medical Negligence Claims
Being a dentist is a highly skilled job and, luckily, the vast majority of dentists in the UK are extremely good at what they do and provide a consistently high standard of care to their patients. Dental negligence, however, is sadly not unknown, and so if you think you have suffered as a result of this sort of professional negligence, it’s important that you seek expert legal advice.
Please note that we are currently not able to help with any Dental Negligence compensation claims.
Dental negligence – Common claims
There are quite a few different dentistry errors that could be classed as dental negligence and result in a claim, including:
• Incorrect diagnosis that means necessary work isn’t carried out or the wrong work is done instead can be a case of medical negligence, especially if it leads to pain and suffering.
• A missed diagnosis can also be a case of dental negligence.
• Cases where a dentist provides insufficient or the wrong treatment for a dental condition, leading to suffering and other problems can count as negligence.
• A dentist causing you injury through not carrying out procedures properly or using the wrong instruments can lead to a negligence claim.
• If a dentist’s negligence causes you to swallow an implement such as a swab or other tool, you could well have a good claim.
• If you are given the wrong drug, the wrong amount of a drug or it is not administered properly and it leads to personal injury, you could have a claim.
Dental Medical Negligence – what can you claim for
Depending on your specific case, you may well be able to claim compensation for things such as loss of earnings due to time you’ve had to take off work because of personal injury, as well as any dental work you’ve had to have carried out as a result of the negligence.
Dental Medical Negligence Claims – don’t delay
If you think you have been the victim of dental negligence, you need to make your claim within 3 years of becoming aware of the negligence. It’s a good idea to seek the advice of a specialist medical negligence solicitor as soon as possible – they will be able to review your case and advise you on what you should do next.
- Call us on FREEPHONE 0800 1404544
- Or use the contact form below