The DePuy ASR Recall Scandal – Do I qualify to claim compensation?
If you have experienced physical pain, financial loss or emotional distress as a result of being implanted with a defective Depuy ASR device you could be entitled to claim compensation. The exact amount you would receive depends upon the extent of the harm caused and should reflect any lost earnings or medical expenses and the pain and inconvenience caused by the defective device and the follow up surgery.
How long do I have to make my claim?
The vast majority of compensation claims related to the DePuy ASR scandal are classed as ‘medical negligence’ claims. Victims therefore have 36 months in which to file their claims and this period commences when you are first made aware of a problem with your hip device. Taking action quickly is therefore crucial.
My DePuy ASR Recall Claim – Is a solicitor really necessary?
Even the strongest claims require the oversight of a specialist medical negligence solicitor. Here are just a few reasons why expert advice is so important:
• Due to the recentness of the DePuy hip implant recall scandal, there is no set claims process to follow and as a result an experienced solicitor is required who will be able to decide the best course for your claim
• Only specialist solicitors will have the links with relevant medical professionals and other expert witnesses whose testimonies will be central to proving that you have suffered financial loss, pain or inconvenience.
• Expert solicitors will be comfortable negotiating with the lawyers for the hip device manufacturer [In the case of the DePuy ASR that’s global giant, Johnson & Johnson] and will be able to confidently represent your best interests
• Ours solicitor will be able to advise you on how much you can claim for. You must never sign anything without running it past your lawyer first. In what can be an incredibly complex area of law, your solicitor will have the knowledge you require to achieve a fair outcome
• Ours team is already running a number of compensation cases for victims of the DePuy ASR scandal – just like you
DePuy ASR Recall – What if I can’t afford the legal expenses?
Paying privately is the simplest way to fund your legal expenses however this is not possible for many people. The medical negligence solicitors at our firm can pursue your claim on a no win no fee basis meaning that you pay nothing if you lose and your opponent pays the fees if you win. You may also find that you are already covered for legal expenses through an insurance policy you already hold.
DePuy ASR Recall claims specialists- contact us now
Don’t miss out on the compensation you deserve following the implantation of a faulty hip device. Our medical negligence solicitors have the expertise you need to win your hip replacement recall compensation claim, so call today,
Dial 01722 422300,
Or reach us through the contact form below for FREE initial advice.
Comments or questions are welcome.